Download our app
Explore Invergordon’s history in a picture!
An amazing outdoor art gallery of large scale professionally painted murals celebrating the heritage of Invergordon. One of the first in Scotland.
Listen to local people and artists bring the murals to life as you follow the FREE App guided tour. Discover the stories within each mural, watch artists painting and describing how they work in video clips. Find out how the local community were involved in each stage of the project.
Look out for the special features as you follow the trail!
- At the museum you can find out how the mural panels used to look through the magic of your phone.
- There are opportunities to share your favourite murals with friends on social media.
- You can use the Souvenir Photo frames to take a photo and become a lifeboat crew member, a Drum Major or as the Station Mistress.
- You can become a Mural Detective and see if you can find the answers to the quiz as you follow the trail!
- Collect the mural badges each time you visit a mural! Tap the rosette in the top right corner of the app mural page when you are on site and the mural icon on the badges page will become full colour once you have checked in this way. When you’ve visited all the murals you can share this with your friends too!
- Follow the trail from Invergordon Railway Station up the High Street to the Invergordon Museum, using the map on the app to guide you. You can start anywhere along the trail. It’s easy to walk to from the Port. For the whole trail allow 60-90 minutes approx. You can also follow the trail in stages. Visit a few murals and then have a tea break!
For any problems en route, check out the helpful ‘How to Use the App’ guide in the contents menu.
Enjoy your visit around Invergordon Mural Town of the Highlands!
Download the Invergordon Off the Wall app
Why not give this app a try? Select one of the options below to open the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
All the video clips included in the Invergordon Mural Trail App are taken from Invergordon Off the Wall On the Map (2007).
As part of the project, Off the Wall secured funding for a group of young people to work with film company Phoenix VP to create a film about the making of the Invergordon Mural Trail.
This is a community voluntary initiative and relies on funding and donations. Donations are especially important for the maintenance of the mural trail and infrastructure.
If you have enjoyed the murals, please consider making a donation to the project. This will help us to maintain the trail so that more people can enjoy the murals in the future.
Make a donation to the Invergordon Mural Trail
Enjoyed the murals? Please donate what you can to help maintain our outdoor art gallery. Thank you!